The “Dental Authority” Newsletter: Issue #8, February 2021
In The Face Of Uncertainty: Top Tips For Building Your Business In 2021
As the new year is now into full swing I want you to take a moment to reflect on everything that went well in 2020, and everything that went ‘not so well’.
I know you’re probably sitting there thinking:
“Don’t you mean what didn’t go wrong in 2020 Nate?”
Yes, we all know that 2020 was a year that we’ll never forget for all of the wrong reasons, but as practice and business owners, it’s important to stay positive and think of times like this as a chance to grow, not stand still.
As we get deeper into 2021 it’s wise to nurture a sense of positivity and develop the key strategies needed to make this year count…Which is why I’m about to share my top tips for building your business in the face of continued uncertainty.
Focus On What You Can, Not What You Can’t
The rules and regulations in place have told us what we can’t do, it’s your job to look at what you can do.
Here are some examples of what your practice can offer, bearing in mind that consumer confidence is shake on some levels:
- Offer online and over-the-phone “virtual” consultations to ensure that patients who are unable to travel still receive the guidance and opportunities they need.
- Research new markets for expansion and diversification. Are you reaching everyone you could possibly reach?
- Engage with and support your patients to deepen relationship and show that you are committed to their health and wellbeing.
Once you define what you can do, even if it requires an adjustment in your usual day-to-day business environment, you can then build quantitative goals and a set of tactics for achieving them.
Uncover Value For Your Patients
Let’s face it, visiting the dentist is not at the top of most people’s list of things to do, especially with a pandemic on the loose.
Now more than ever, with the world ‘falling apart’, your patients need some security. You can give them this.
But in order to provide them with what they need, you need to think about your service from their point of view and answer the fundamental question:
“What’s in it for me?”
Usually, it’s one of the following:
- Freedom from pain and discomfort
- A healthier future
Either way, you need to provide your patients with the value they need to keep coming back time and time again.
Look at the blank canvas that the next 11 months of 2021 offer as an opportunity to improve.
Some practices may have been putting off an important transformation, because of fear or resistance to change.
If that’s the case for your business, don’t tolerate the excuses.
Create, train and assign new processes in order to ensure what you require to be done, gets done.
Educate Yourself & Your Staff
When I say educate, I don’t mean to revisit things like how to give local anesthetics or fillings.
I mean educate yourself on things such as:
- New marketing trends and tactics
- How to communicate effectively as a team, and with your patients
- How to implement systems and processes that cut workloads in half
By increasing your knowledge in these areas, you will find that there is less wasted time within your practice, leaving more room for growth.
I hope that you’re ready to make 2021 amazing and that you’ve found this article useful and informative.
Let me know in the comments below what you’re already doing to make 2021 your best year yet!
“How can I learn more?’
If you already know that improving the marketing and conversion side of your practice is what’s needed, then you’ll find our Fast Growth Practice program valuable.
Dr. Bao-Tran Nguyen and I have been through the entire lifecycle of a dentist multiple times. We bought, built and profitably sold half a dozen dental practices in less than 8 years. From this experience we created a step-by-step recipe that details the “no fluff” secrets to what is ACTUALLY NEEDED to build a real-life business in dentistry.
Here’s a sneak peek at what’s included:
- Improve practice profitability with our case acceptance protocol
- Identify “right fit” patients with our new rules for dental marketing
- Create a culture of no excuses with our operating & auditing systems
- Drive toward new targets with our principles for practice growth
- Make practicing dentistry much more predictable and enjoyable
For more guidance and support in hitting your practice growth goals, apply to join us in The Fast Growth Practice.